Uganda: United Nations Emergency Appeal for Response to COVID-19 and its Impacts (April - September 2020)
Uganda registered its first case of COVID-19 on 21 March 2020 and, as of 13 April, had registered 53 cases.
The Government of Uganda has responded rapidly, implementing a series of measures and developing national guidelines to prevent and respond to the spread of COVID-19. Coordination has been instituted with the appointment of an Incident Commander, Incident Management Teams and subcommittees. Government and partners have been implementing public health preparedness and response activities along eight core pillars: coordination and leadership; surveillance, laboratory support and points of entry; risk communication, social mobilization and community engagement; case management, infection prevention and control; ICT and innovation; WASH; mental health and psychosocial support; and logistics.
The Ministry of Health of Uganda prepared a National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that has been updated to respond to the evolving pandemic, modelling data and new evidence aimed at reducing the importation, transmission, morbidity and mortality as well as economic social disruption that might result from the COVID-19 outbreak. The Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health, supported by the UN among other partners, are leading a robust response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Latest Updates from Reliefweb
- Uganda Key Message Update: Poor households in Karamoja and refugee settlements continue to have food consumption gaps, July 2020
- Navigating the Nexus; A brighter future for refugee and host community children in West Nile, Uganda
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, 1 - 30 June, 2020
- Uganda: Kasese Floods: Victims worried about education, health
- Uganda Price Bulletin, July 2020
- Uganda: Diarrhoea outbreak worries Kasese
- Uganda: “COVID separated me from my parents”
Latest Maps and Infographics from ReliefWeb
- IOM Flow Monitoring Dashboard: Uganda/South Sudan Border (June 2020)
- Uganda Market Analysis Task Force: COVID-19 Market Monitoring - Refugee Settlement Price and Market Functionality Snapshot, 1-14 July 2020
- IOM Flow Monitoring Dashboard: Uganda/South Sudan Border (May 2020)
- Uganda: Urban Refugees and Asylum-Seekers in Uganda (9 July 2020)
- Uganda - Refugee Statistics June, 2020