Capacity Building Initiatives
The Partnership Initiative (PI) established in September 2014 leads on issues of capacity development for Syrian NGOs supporting humanitarian assistance on the Syria crisis. The PI's main focus is as follows:
- Coordination and support of trainings and capacity building activities
- Facilitate engagement and good partnerships for all humanitarian stakeholders
- Development of learning resources, best practices and standardization of common tools and processes.
To ensure capacity building initiatives match current needs and priorities, the PI collaborates with key partners such as OCHA HPF, clusters, INGOs, UN agencies, Syrian NGOs, donors and other relevant humanitarian stakeholders to deliver its activities.
- Tuft’s University Publication - Breaking the Hourglass: Partnerships in Remote Management Settings - The Cases of Syria and Iraqi Kurdistan
- International and local/diaspora actors in the Syrian response
- Building Better Response
- Last Mile Learning
- Humanitarian Leadership Academy
- The Partnering Initiative
- International Council of Voluntary Agencies