Madagascar has the most vulnerable population in the region as four out of five people living below the poverty line. The agricultural sector employs 77% of the population. In the South of the country maize, cassava and rice production has decreased by as much as 95% with 845,000 people food of this figure 300,000 are in IPC phase 4. The humanitarian appeal is 29 per cent funded with the current response requirement at $159m.
Derniers documents de ReliefWeb
- Dans le sud de Madagascar, des millions de personnes menacées par la faim en raison des sècheresses
- Madagascar: Food Insecurity Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) Operation n° MDRGM017
- Madagascar Key Message Update: Below average rainfall compromises the beginning of rice plantation in Southern Highlands
- 20by2020 improves water quality in rural communities of Madagascar
- Southern Madagascar faces drought-driven hunger, threatening millions
- Madagascar Price Bulletin, November 2020