Uganda: United Nations Emergency Appeal for Response to COVID-19 and its Impacts (April - September 2020)
Uganda registered its first case of COVID-19 on 21 March 2020 and, as of 13 April, had registered 53 cases.
The Government of Uganda has responded rapidly, implementing a series of measures and developing national guidelines to prevent and respond to the spread of COVID-19. Coordination has been instituted with the appointment of an Incident Commander, Incident Management Teams and subcommittees. Government and partners have been implementing public health preparedness and response activities along eight core pillars: coordination and leadership; surveillance, laboratory support and points of entry; risk communication, social mobilization and community engagement; case management, infection prevention and control; ICT and innovation; WASH; mental health and psychosocial support; and logistics.
The Ministry of Health of Uganda prepared a National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that has been updated to respond to the evolving pandemic, modelling data and new evidence aimed at reducing the importation, transmission, morbidity and mortality as well as economic social disruption that might result from the COVID-19 outbreak. The Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health, supported by the UN among other partners, are leading a robust response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Latest Updates from Reliefweb
- Uganda: Market Monitor - Refugee Hosting Areas | Refugee Settlement Price and Market Functionality Snapshot, 15-31 July 2020
- Refugees’ digital financial services (DFS) needs: Assessment of drivers, barriers, and solutions for use of digital financial services by refugees in Kenya and Uganda - July 2020
- Uganda: Kasese grapples with health, sanitation issues after floods
- A refugee-led organization steps up to support refugees during the COVID-19 pandemic in Uganda
- Uganda Key Message Update: Poor households in Karamoja and refugee settlements continue to have food consumption gaps, July 2020
- Navigating the Nexus; A brighter future for refugee and host community children in West Nile, Uganda
- Uganda: UNHCR Operational Update, 1 - 30 June, 2020
Latest Maps and Infographics from ReliefWeb
- Uganda: COVID-19 Emergency Response, May - July 2020
- Performance Snapshot, Uganda Refugee Response Plan (RRP) 2019 - 2020 - Quarter 1, January - March 2020, Palorinya Refugee Settlement
- Performance Snapshot, Uganda Refugee Response Plan (RRP) 2019 - 2020 - Quarter 1, January - March 2020, Bidibidi Refugee Settlement
- Performance Snapshot, Uganda Refugee Response Plan (RRP) 2019 - 2020 - Quarter 1, January - March 2020, Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement
- Performance Snapshot, Uganda Refugee Response Plan (RRP) 2019 - 2020 - Quarter 1, January - March 2020, Imvepi Refugee Settlement