Madagascar has the most vulnerable population in the region as four out of five people living below the poverty line. The agricultural sector employs 77% of the population. In the South of the country maize, cassava and rice production has decreased by as much as 95% with 845,000 people food of this figure 300,000 are in IPC phase 4. The humanitarian appeal is 29 per cent funded with the current response requirement at $159m.
Derniers documents de ReliefWeb
- Madagascar I Dashboard Groupe sectoriel eau, hygiène et assainissement (23/9/2020)
- Cash Transfers Support Madagascar’s Poorest and Most Vulnerable Citizens During COVID-19 Restrictions
- Sanitation and hygiene gaps grow in Madagascar; so do inequalities
- Madagascar: Heavy Rains, Floods and Landslides - Operation Update 2, n° MDRMG016 (16 September 2020)
- Madagascar Country Office: Covid-19 response (September 10th, 2020)
- How drought is pushing more people into hunger in southern Madagascar