World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is held every year on 19 August to pay tribute to aid workers who risk their lives in humanitarian service, and to mobilize people to advocate for a more humane world.
This year, WHD follows on one of the most pivotal moments in the history of humanitarian action: the World Humanitarian Summit, held from 23 to 24 May in Istanbul. During the Summit, world leaders came together to declare their collective support for the new Agenda for Humanity and commit to bold action to reduce suffering and deliver better for the millions of people in need of humanitarian assistance.
For more information, please visit: www.unocha.org/whd2016
- Press Release: In the occasion of the World Humanitarian Day, OCHA recalls that there are still many humanitarian needs in Haiti and around the world (FR, EN)
- OCHA Haiti Humanitarian Bulletin #63 _ July 2016 (FR/EN)
- IOM Border Monitoring Sitrep LIV _ 28th July 2016
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Haiti _ June 2016
- Haiti Transitional Appeal 2015 - 2016 & Programme Annex