Madagascar has the most vulnerable population in the region as four out of five people living below the poverty line. The agricultural sector employs 77% of the population. In the South of the country maize, cassava and rice production has decreased by as much as 95% with 845,000 people food of this figure 300,000 are in IPC phase 4. The humanitarian appeal is 29 per cent funded with the current response requirement at $159m.
Derniers documents de ReliefWeb
- Easing Routine Vaccination during COVID-19 in Madagascar
- Famine – The Worst Drought In 40 Years Threatens People In Madagascar
- Madagascar | Food insecurity and Drought – DG ECHO Daily Map | 11/05/2021
- Sud de Madagascar : le Gouvernement et l'ONU alertent sur le risque de famine et exhortent à une action urgente
- Southern Madagascar: Government and UN sound the alarm on famine risk, urge action
- Southern Madagascar | Response overview (May 2021)