User Role Types in Humanitarianresponse.info platform (Last updated on: 06 mai 2021)
In the Humanitariaresponse.info platform, we have three types of user roles ranging from the managing the website to the content editing. These user types are given adequate roles to make sure that they are able to perform all the necessary activities according to their assigned roles such as managing site users, changing page layout, or edit existing content to manage the sites in HR.info.
User types and their roles are explained below.
This type of account is created for the site owner or the focal point for the field office who in this case is the IMO or designated staff from the Information Management Unit in OCHA country/regional office or global sites such as clusters, Humanitarian Programme cycle or Indicator Registry websites.
The user with the manager role has adequate rights to manage the site content and do the overall maintenance. The manager, however, does not have the right to install new modules in the Drupal content management system, create new views to display the site content or delete features which may affect the site structure. Note that managers cannot add new spaces to HR.info, but instead have to request a new space to be created for them.
Here are some of the main tasks that site managers can perform:
- Manage the site users by adding editing or removing users from the site. The manager can also add another user as ‘Manager’ or Editor.
- Modify the page layout by choosing the predefined blocks using Panelizer feature in HR.info to customize the display on content in those pages,
- Manage the menu navigation items displayed in the left of the page. For example, they can add new cluster menu item or delete the existing ones.
- Add new pages to show custom content and to provide more field office specific content on the website,
- Add or create new context to manage content and add dynamic content like views, boxes, sections and rearrange them according to their needs,
- Embed external pages through the use of iframes.
Editors are site users who are given permission to manage the site content by adding, editing or removing the existing content to keep the overall website up-to-date. This type of role is usually given to the Cluster IM focal points to upload their cluster specific content (i.e. documents, meeting minutes, maps, etc.) and to edit it as needed.
Editors cannot modify page layouts or manage users but they can delete the content uploaded by other editors or site users within the designated section of the website.
For instructions on how to publish content on HR.info, please refer to the "Publishing content" section (see left sidebar menu).
The contributor role is given to trusted users who then have capability to add new content to the site but not directly publish it. The content they added needs to be approved and published by an editor or a manager.