Uganda: United Nations Emergency Appeal for Response to COVID-19 and its Impacts (April - September 2020)
Uganda registered its first case of COVID-19 on 21 March 2020 and, as of 13 April, had registered 53 cases.
The Government of Uganda has responded rapidly, implementing a series of measures and developing national guidelines to prevent and respond to the spread of COVID-19. Coordination has been instituted with the appointment of an Incident Commander, Incident Management Teams and subcommittees. Government and partners have been implementing public health preparedness and response activities along eight core pillars: coordination and leadership; surveillance, laboratory support and points of entry; risk communication, social mobilization and community engagement; case management, infection prevention and control; ICT and innovation; WASH; mental health and psychosocial support; and logistics.
The Ministry of Health of Uganda prepared a National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that has been updated to respond to the evolving pandemic, modelling data and new evidence aimed at reducing the importation, transmission, morbidity and mortality as well as economic social disruption that might result from the COVID-19 outbreak. The Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health, supported by the UN among other partners, are leading a robust response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Latest Updates from Reliefweb
- Uganda - Flash Flood (NOAA-CPC, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 07 July 2020)
- Plus de 3000 réfugiés de la RDC sont arrivés en Ouganda en trois jours
- Over 3,000 Congolese refugees arrive in Uganda in three days
- Uganda opens border to thousands fleeing Congo violence
- Uganda: UNHCR COVID-19 Response Bi-Monthly Update, 6 July 2020
- Uganda: Floods displace hundreds in Nakasongola
- UNICEF Uganda: COVID-19 Situation Report No. 4 (Reporting Period: 16 to 30 June 2020)
Latest Maps and Infographics from ReliefWeb
- Refugees and Asylum-Seekers in Uganda (30 June 2020)
- Uganda Market Analysis Task Force: COVID-19 Market Monitoring - Refugee Settlement Price and Market Functionality Snapshot, 1-14 June 2020
- Uganda - Obongi District - Palorinya Settlement, 12 June 2020
- Uganda - Bulambuli District, 30 April 2020
- Uganda - Bundibugyo District, 30 April 2020