Uganda: United Nations Emergency Appeal for Response to COVID-19 and its Impacts (April - September 2020)
Uganda registered its first case of COVID-19 on 21 March 2020 and, as of 13 April, had registered 53 cases.
The Government of Uganda has responded rapidly, implementing a series of measures and developing national guidelines to prevent and respond to the spread of COVID-19. Coordination has been instituted with the appointment of an Incident Commander, Incident Management Teams and subcommittees. Government and partners have been implementing public health preparedness and response activities along eight core pillars: coordination and leadership; surveillance, laboratory support and points of entry; risk communication, social mobilization and community engagement; case management, infection prevention and control; ICT and innovation; WASH; mental health and psychosocial support; and logistics.
The Ministry of Health of Uganda prepared a National COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan that has been updated to respond to the evolving pandemic, modelling data and new evidence aimed at reducing the importation, transmission, morbidity and mortality as well as economic social disruption that might result from the COVID-19 outbreak. The Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health, supported by the UN among other partners, are leading a robust response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Latest Updates from Reliefweb
- UNICEF Uganda Humanitarian Situation Report No. 2 - March - April 2022
- Status of Transit / Reception Centres and Collection Points in Uganda (Reporting Period: 06 - 12 May 2022)
- Cash, COVID-19 and aid cuts: a mixed-method impact evaluation among South Sudanese refugees registered in Kiryandongo settlement, Uganda
- Involving men in tackling gender-based violence in Uganda
- Uganda’s Bidibidi Refugee Settlement to Benefit from IOM and Innovation Norway’s Electronic Waste Management Project
- Psychological distress and social support among conflict refugees in urban, semi-rural and rural settlements in Uganda: burden and associations
- The climate-nutrition-agrifood system nexus in Uganda
Latest Maps and Infographics from ReliefWeb
- March - April 2022 UNICEF Uganda Situation Dashboard
- Uganda Refugee Response: Refugee Influx Dashboard (As of 12 May 2022)
- Facilities Map - Nyakabande Holding Area - Kisoro District - Uganda (27 April 2022)
- Facilities Map - Nyakabande Transit Center - Kisoro District - Uganda (27 April 2022)
- Uganda: Nyakabande Holding area Site layout in Kisoro, as of 6 May 2022