Work in Progress
KEY UPDATES ON COVID-19
2020 JRP FOR ROHINGYA HUMANITARIAN CRISIS
JOINT RESPONSE PLAN FOR ROHINGYA HUMANITARIAN CRISIS
Situation Report: Rohingya Crisis - Cox's Bazar | August 2020
Latest ISCG Documents - via ReliefWeb
- Bangladesh: COVID-19 and Monsoon Preparedness and Response for the Rohingya refugee camps and host communities in Cox’s Bazar District Weekly Update #32 | 9 to 15 October 2020
- Bangladesh: Humanitarian partners complete distribution of over 2.8 million masks across all Rohingya refugee settlements and all 8 Upazilas throughout Cox’s Bazar District
- Bangladesh: Discussing Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) - A guide for hygiene promoters [EN/BN/MY]
- Bangladesh: Acute Watery Diarrheal Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
- Bangladesh: Joint Multi-Sector Needs Assessment (J-MSNA): Refugee and Host Communities - Preliminary Findings, 1 October 2020
- Bangladesh: COVID-19 and Monsoon Preparedness and Response for the Rohingya refugee camps and host communities in Cox’s Bazar District Weekly Update #31 | 2 to 8 October 2020
- Bangladesh: In the Shadows of the Pandemic: The Gendered Impact of COVID-19 On Rohingya and Host Communities (October 2020)
Latest Maps and Inforgraphics - via ReliefWeb
- Burma & Bangladesh - USG Response to the Regional Crisis (10/22/20)
- Bangladesh: Complementary Support to COVID-19 Health Response Humanitarian Coordination Task Team (HCTT) (As of 06 July 2020)
- Bangladesh: Rohingya Humanitarian Crisis Joint Response Plan 2020 funding update as of 2020-10-15
- Bangladesh - Teknaf - Camps Existing Main Roads, October 2020
- Bangladesh: Cox’s Bazar refugee response (4W) - as of September 2020 [EN/BN]
Can we help?
The ISCG Information Management Unit supports the Rohingya crisis response through the provision of data, analysis and information management support. If you have a specific request for support, kindly fill in this questionnaire.
A request can range from sharing of specific data, undertaking analysis of existing data to providing support to data collection activities including needs assessments. The team will review your request and respond to you within 5 working days. If we cannot support your request, we will do our best to find someone who can. The process is simple; click on the questionnaire (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3YM5JWR), answer a few basic questions around the area of service you wish to discuss and submit your request.