The dashboard below displays the civil society organization response activities, with a general overview on the first page and detailed information about each activity on the second page. By clicking on the dashboard items, you will be able to filter the data by different variables, including:
- Implementing organization
To select more than one item, press down the Ctrl button and click on the item(s) you would like to select.
Renewed hostilities between Azerbaijan and Armenia in the thirty-year Nagorno-Karabakh (NK) conflict broke out along the Line of Contact (LoC) on 27 September 2020. Despite an agreement on a humanitarian ceasefire reached in Moscow on 10 October, heavy fighting still continued affecting population centres in and around the NK conflict zone, as well as deep in Azerbaijan. Renewed commitments to the humanitarian ceasefire agreement were reached on 18 October (in Washington D.C) and 30 October (in Geneva), but unfortunately they did not hold. On 10 November, Armenia, Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation have signed an agreement to end the military conflict, which hopefully brings lasting truce to the hostilities.
Almost 50 day heavy fighting between the sides has significantly impacted social and civilian fabric around the NK region causing some urgent humanitarian needs and vulnerabilities. The Government of Azerbaijan has reported about 40,000 temporarily displaced since end of September. The UN Country Team (UNCT) in Azerbaijan has offered assistance to the Azerbaijani Government and provisioning of assistance has begun with several humanitarian agencies delivering Emergency Family Kits, WASH items and providing psychosocial support, particularly to children.
To exchange and coordinate information flow, the HR.info, Azerbaijan country specific micro-site has been established. HR.info serves as an operational information exchange platform among working groups and operational partners involved in the humanitarian response. HR.info also enables quick and easy access to all documents and information that is pertinent to the humanitarian response.
Latest reports from ReliefWeb
- Azerbaijan: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: finding common ground in respect of the dead
- ANAMA and UNDP join forces to support mine action in Azerbaijan
- GIEWS Country Brief: Azerbaijan 23-March-2021
- Azerbaijan: 258 permanent works and 14.000 briquette homes in 2020
- Azerbaijan: Nagorno-Karabakh: EU allocates additional €3 million in humanitarian aid for conflict-affected civilians
- Azerbaijan: Getting resources to projects that matter – how WHO/Europe helped countries raise almost US$ 3 million from the Global Fund