Regional Cash Working Group
About The Asia-Pacific Regional Cash Working Group
The Asia-Pacific Regional Cash Working Group is a platform to bring together experts at regional and national level to share information, exchange learning, develop joint guidance and plans, aid advocacy, and assist the country CWGs via learning events and direct technical support.
The Asia-Pacific RCWG is co-led by WFP, OCHA, and IFRC, and supported by NORCAP/CashCap with cash coordination and information management fulltime staff.
The main objectives of the Asia-Pacific RCWG are to improve the coordination and quality of cash programs in the region, to increase the scale of CVA, where appropriate and feasible, and broaden the scope of CVA by facilitating learning, knowledge management, sharing of best practices, and building on partnerships to further promote relevant common approaches, experience sharing and harmonisation of the work of national CWGs.
The Asia-Pacific RCWG includes countries both in Asia and the Pacific, yet coordination with the Pacific Island Countries is led by the Pacific Regional Cash Working Group, which is distinct in its focus and deliverables.
The group includes members from the country-CWGs and other regional level stakeholders, including donors, regional entities, and representatives from regional offices of the UN, the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and other stakeholders
engaged in cash assistance.
The Asia-Pacific RCWG acting as a regional forum for support, collaboration, and learning follows three strategic objectives for 2022 and 2023:
- SO1: Perform a technical advisory and support role for the national CWGs engaged in ongoing operations
- SO2: Support the development of CVA preparedness actions of national CWGs
- SO3: Develop a regional resource base for information and knowledge sharing between the Asia-Pacific CWG community
Asia-Pacific: Presence of CWGs in Country
APRCWG Meeting Presentations
5W Activity Reporting Template and Standardization
APRCWG 2022 Q1 Meeting Resources
APRCWG 2021 Q4 Meeting Resources
- Asia Pacific RCWG Meeting Minutes | Q4 2021
- APRCWG 2021 Q4 Presentation: Plan for 2022 and Beyond | 09 Dec 2021
- APRCWG 2021 Q4 Presentation: CVA capacity building for local organisations in Myanmar
- APRCWG 2021 Q4 Presentation: Afghanistan: Current situation + CVWG plans to mitigate liquidity challenges
- APRCWG 2021 Q4 Presentation: Forecast based Financing in the Philippines Closing the Gap between Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Relief
- APRCWG 2021 Q4 Presentation: Myanmar Updates
APRCWG 2021 Q3 Meeting Resources
- Asia Pacific RCWG Meeting Minutes | Q3 2021
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: Information Management & 5W
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: A Blockchain Revolution - Digital Cash (Vanuatu) | OXFAM
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: CALP Online: Core CVA Skills for Programme Staff | CALP
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: Introducing the CashEval Research Project | PIK
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: Cash and Localized Shelter Strategies and Practices in Indonesia | CRS
- APRCWG Q3 2021 Presentation: Introducing Loop | LOOP
APRCWG 2021 Q2 MEETING RESOURCES
- Asia Pacific RCWG Meeting Minutes | Q2 2021
- APRCWG 2021 Q2 Presentation: CAPACITY NEEDS ANALYSIS FOR CASH AND VOUCHER ASSISTANCE IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC REGION
- APRCWG 2021 Q2 Presentation: India Agenda
- APRCWG 2021 Q2 Presentation: CVA Situation Update Myanmar
- APRCWG 2021 Q2 Presentation: Nepal CCG Introduction
WFP – Barbara Pfister (co-chair)
OCHA – Daniel Gilman (co-chair)
IFRC – Michael Belaro (co-chair)