Humanitarianresponse Logo

HEAT assessment for conflict IDPs in Khaskunar District of Kunar province (10 May 2017)

Subject/Objective: 
Joint needs assessment of IDPs in Khas Kunar district of Kunar
Methodology: 
Direct Observation
Key findings: 
As in the result of our assessment the affected families displaced from Sarkai, Maya, and Wacha Jawara villages to Sarkai daag area, people displaced from the villages located at the border line between Afghanistan and Pakistan, they were affected much due to rocket shelling from the other side of the Durand line, they felt the fear of losing their lives and compelled to leave the area and move down into a secure place, so they have settled themselves in Sarkai daag area which is located closely to the district center of Khas Kunar district, as they have just saved their lives and left everything including home appliances at their place of origin, currently they are suffering from the lack of food, NFI, shelter, and WASH facilities. As 53 families and 303 individuals, the average household size for this caseload is 5.72 person, as the affected families just saved their life and left everything at their homes,100% of the beneficiaries chosen food as their first priority need, 91% of beneficiaries listed NFI as their second priority and the remaining 9% listed shelter as the second priority, in addition 91% listed other (shelter,NFI etc) as their third priority Recommendations: Based on the team’s findings after the assessment, the affected families are living in poor conditions and recommended for emergency response.
Assessment Report: 
Assessment Data: 
Not Available
Webspace(s): 
Assessment Date(s): 
10 May 2017
Status: 
Report completed
Unit(s) of Measurement: 
Households
Collection Method(s): 
Observation
Population Type(s): 
IDPs
Cluster(s)/Sector(s): 
Leading/Coordinating Organization(s): 
Norwegian Refugee Council
Participating Organization(s): 
Government of Afghanistan - Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation
Location(s): 
Khaskunar
Theme(s): 
Needs Assessment