User Role Types in Humanitarianresponse.info platform
This type of account is created for the site owner or the focal point for the field office, who in this case is the IMO or designated staff from the Information Management Unit in OCHA country/regional office or global sites such as clusters, Humanitarian Programme cycle or Indicator Registry websites.
The user with a manager role has adequate rights to manage the site content and do the overall maintenance. The manager, however, does not have the right to install new modules in the Drupal CMS, create new views to display the site content or delete features which may affect the site structure.
Here are some of the main tasks that site managers can perform:
- Manage the site users by adding editing or removing users from the site. The manager can also add another user as ‘Manager’ or Editor.
- Modify the page layout by choosing the predefined blocks using Panelizer feature in HR.info to customize the display on content in those pages,
- Manage the menu navigation items displayed in the left of the page. For example, they can add new cluster menu item or delete the existing ones.
- Add new pages to show custom content and to provide more field office specific content on the website,
- Add or create new context to manage content and add dynamic content like views, boxes, sections and rearrange them according to their needs,
- Embed external pages through the use of <iframe>s. This requires the additional role of "Trusted".
Editors are site users who are given enough permission to manage the site content by adding, editing or removing the existing content to keep the overall website up-to-date. This type of role is usually given to the Cluster IM focal points to upload their cluster specific content (i.e. documents, meeting minutes, maps, etc.) and to edit it as needed.
Editors may be granted the additional role of "Trusted", which allows them to embed <iframe>s into pages.
Editors cannot modify the page layout or manage the site user but they can delete the content uploaded by other editors or site users within the website.
The contributor role is given to the trusted users and such users has the capability to add new content to the site but those content are not published to the site right away. Such content needs to be approved by the moderator or the site manager and then gets uploaded to the site or discarded.