Site and Content Privacy
Space or site members within the Humanitarian Response platform sometime wants to share the documents or reports internally, in other words, use the space for instance, ‘ProCap’ space as internal so that only ProCap site members have access to those content. This is possible in the HR 2.0 by making the pages and the content private.
Users can create private pages in their spaces and link them to the menu items which only the trusted users or space members will be allowed to see. This way not only the content can me made private but also the structure and navigation can be marked as private to provide the private site for internal use to share the private content.
This privacy is also available at the content level to allow only trusted users or the space member to access the content within their space.
Making the page Private
In order to create private pages, use the following steps;
- Add a new page by clicking the plus icon ‘+” at the top right corner and select ’Page’
- Enter page title and other necessary details and then select ‘Private - accessible only to group members from the 'Group content Visibility' drop-down list.
- If you need to make this newly saved page as menu item, click on your space e.g. ‘Sandbox’ tab in the main HR menu at the upper left corner - see the screenshot below;
- Click on the Group tab as shown in the screenshot below;
- Inside the Group, click on the ‘Menus’ link and then click on the ‘add link’ against the listed menu where you want to add the link to the page - see the screenshot below;
- Enter the menu title which is mandatory;
- Enter the path which is url to the newly created pape. If you don’t remember the path to the page, you can get it by following the steps below;
- Go to the Space main page, click on the Content tab where all the space content are listed;
- Click on the page you have recently created and grab the url of that page in the address bar of the browser.
- Example: if you have created page ‘Response Strategy’ then the url of the page should look like ‘space-name/pagename’ i.e. sandbox/response-strategy’.
- From the Parent link drop-down list, select the menu level where you want the page to appear and save it - see the screenshot;
Making the content Private
Making the content private is similar to the making the page private. Use the steps below;
- Add a new page by clicking the plus icon ‘+” at the top right corner and select the content type i.e. Document, Event, etc. you want to keep as private
- Enter all the necessary details for the content, and then select ‘Private - accessible only to group members from the 'Group content Visibility' drop-down list displayed in the screenshot below.