Upload from Computer or Dropbox
Uploading a file
When publishing an assessment, a document or a map you can attach a file. To do so, you now have two options:
- Upload a file stored on your computer
- Upload a file from your Dropbox account
To use the Dropbox option you must have a Dropbox account. If you are not yet logged in into the account, a pop-up will ask you to log in and then to select the file to upload. When using Dropbox, the file will be copied into HR.info, so you do not have to worry about deleting it in the future from your Dropbox account.
When creating a new document and/or map you can upload up to four files. If you need to upload more than four files, save you form and then edit. Once you edit the document and/or map record you will be able to add more files. Our recommendation is however to upload only one file per record and use the “Related content” field to connect content. By uploading each file separately, you can assign specific tagging and its proper title, making the content better organized. For further info read the editorial guidelines.
Replacing an uploaded file
If you need to replace a file, but want to keep the same file URL, i.e. link which is already shared, then use the following steps:
- Go to the content page of the file, For instance, we want to change the actual file in the content; “WHS ESA Regional Consultation Co-Chairs’ Summary report”. i.e https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/operations/southern-africa/documen...
- Click on Edit tab to edit this content
- Remove the old file
- Upload the new file. IMPORTANT: you must have assigned the new file the exact same name of the old one (in the case of this example it would be WHS_ESA_Co-Chairs_report_October2014.pdf)
- Click Save at the end of the page. This way the file URL will remain the same.