Setting up a new Operational space in HR.info
A new operation space is usually created with a core set of features - such as Events, Documents, Maps/Infographics, and Offices/Coordination Hubs - which can be turned on or off depending on the need.
Criteria for new Site
New operational spaces are created upon request from the OCHA or other UN agencies to support a sudden onset crisis or an ongoing humanitarian operation, based on the following criteria:
- A request from an OCHA Office needs to be approved by the Head of Office given that the respective Desk officer or focal point in Coordination and Response Division (CDR) at HQ has been notified.
- If the request for a new space is coming from a country where there is no OCHA presence, then it needs to be approved by the Head of Office of the requesting entity and preferably prove that local equivalent to HCT (RC, National Response Authority, etc) has been notified.
- The requesting office has the technical capacity to manage the space once it is created and maintain the space up-to-date with the latest operational information resources.
- The office or entity is willing to accept our "shut-down" criteria i.e. “If the site content becomes obsolete or stale, OCHA FIS (Field Information Support) reserves the right to hide or archive the site (e.g. if content is not updated within 6 months)”.
Steps to take after a new space is created
Country or operational office should go through the following steps when a new space has been created:
- Provide the name and email address of focal point for the website who will get 'Manager' role for do day-to-day operations like managing the content and maintaining the overall website.
- Make sure that the focal point has already registered as a user of HR.info.
- Update the Administrative Boundaries CODs (Levels 1,2,3 etc.) Shapefiles available on Humanitarian Data Exchange (HDX). You will need to provide the URL for the CODs on HDX so that we may import the file. Once the COD for Admin Boundaries has been imported, you will be able to add locations to several content types, including Assessments, and Events.
- MailChimp API Key: If you have a MailChimp account for your country office, please share with us your API key so that we can integrate your MailChimp account into our website which will help you send emails to your contact lists, notify your website subscribers of the new content on your site and other newsletter materials.
- Since the operational space is mainly used as information sharing platform for inter-agencies partners, provide a list of active clusters, sectors or working groups you may have so that we can activate them while creating the new space.
- If further assistance is needed, contact the HR.info support team email@example.com.