Documents published on HumanitarianResponse.info (HR.info) must be of relevance to the humanitarian community responding to humanitarian crises and emergencies.
Before posting a document make sure it is not already available on the site. To do so check the documents page of your operation and/or the global documents page at https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/en/documents. This step is important to avoid creating duplicate content.
To post a document log in on HR.info and navigate to your space, then follow these three steps:
Step 1 - Click on “+” on top of the page and click on “Document”
Step 2 - Fill in the form
A document published on HR.info can be filtered by “Document type”, “Organization”, “Clusters/Sectors”, “Coordination Hubs”, “Locations”, “Themes”, “Publication Date”, “Disaster”, and “Fundings”, if you provide all the necessary information when posting the document.
Be accurate and fill in all relevant fields (some are mandatory, while other are optional). The more metadata you associate with your document the more searchable and well organized your document will be. If your document is tagged correctly, it will be shown in the right pages and it will be easy to find.
- Language: Select the document language. If not listed, choose English and then indicate the language in the title. For the languages use the two digit code you can find here.
- Title: Enter the original title of the document, with the country the document refers to (if not already included), its date and language. Example: Country: Original Title - DD MMM YYYY [EN/FR]. Do not use abbreviations. The URL of the document page is based on the document title, a clear title creates a clear URL. For languages use the two digit code you find here. Further examples are available here.
- Document type: Select the document type and sub-type that best describe the document. Complete taxonomy is also available here. It is important to apply document types in a consistent manner. If unsure, compare with previously published documents.
- Description or Summary of content: Add text that best describes the document - either the full text of the document, or a part of it such as the executive summary or document highlights. If no text is available, add a description of the file(s) you are publishing. More instructions available here. This way the site visitor will be able to understand the content of the document before downloading the file. Additionally, a page with text looks more complete and nicer, and will be better indexed by search engines.
- Original publication date: Indicate when the document was created/published. Note that this is likely different from the day you are uploading it. If no date is available, use the date of the posting. If posting an Agenda for a future meeting, do not use the date of the meeting, use the date of the posting.
- Organization(s): Select the source(s) of the document. If the organization is not available, request it to be added and select “other” for the time being.
- Cluster(s)/Sector(s): Select the cluster(s)/sector(s) the document refers to. If the cluster/sector is not available, request it to be added.
When selecting multiple clusters/sectors, consider also selecting "Inter-Cluster Coordination" in the Theme(s) field. More instructions here.
- File(s): Upload up to 4 files - and specify the language(s) - using the "Add another item" button. To add more, save the form as draft then edit it. The file URL is based on the file name, a clear file name creates a clear URL. Check file naming conventions here. Additional instructions available here.
When you need to edit or replace the uploaded file because of a newer or corrected version of the file, follow the instructions available here.
- Location: Select the country(ies) (or more specific locations) the document is about. Add up to 4 locations using the "Add another item" button. To add more, save the form as draft then edit it. To remove one of the countries you added, select the value “- none -”. Further instructions available here.
- Coordination hub(s): Select the coordination hub(s) the document refers to (if any). If not available, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disaster(s)/Emergency: Select the disaster(s) or emergency the document refers to. Choose only disasters the document substantively refers to.
- Theme(s): Select all relevant themes. Choose only themes the document substantively refers to. Complete taxonomy is also available here.
Step 3 - Save and publish the document
Note: If you are a contributor, you will only be able to save the document as draft. An editor (and/or manager) of your space will then need to publish it.
To read more about this, see our complete “Editorial Guidelines”.
For any editorial question you may have do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com