Creating Feeds from ReliefWeb
There are two ways to display ReliefWeb content on HR.info pages.
- Via the ReliefWeb content block
- Via the RSS Feeds block.
We recommend using the ReliefWeb content block, as it is the simplest option. If you need more granular filtering that what is provided by the ReleifWeb content block, you can then opt for RSS feeds. Scroll down to the bottom for video tutorials.
ReliefWeb content block
To add a ReliefWeb content block follow these steps:
- Login and go to the page where you want to display the feeds
- Click on "Customize this page" at the bottom
- Click on one of the "+" buttons within the page
- Select ReliefWeb content
- Click on Dynamic Reports and Maps
- Assign the block a title
- Select the country related to the updates you want to show and any other relevant fiels
- Click Finish
- Remember to click Save at the bottom of the page
Adding a ReliefWeb RSS feed to a dynamic block in HR.info allows you to easily display the latest content using any of the available filters in ReliefWeb. For example you can pull the latest reports dealing with the education of children in Afghanistan that have been posted on ReliefWeb.
To add a dynamic block using an RSS feed from ReliefWeb follow these steps:
- Visit the updates section of ReliefWeb (https://reliefweb.int/updates) and use the filters to identify the type of documents that you would like to display. When using search filters on ReliefWeb ensure you use the ‘Primary Country’ option to pull reports related to a specific country. Further tips on filtering results on ReliefWeb can be found here.
- Once you have selected the correct filters click the RSS button at the bottom of the page.
- A new page will now open, copy the url of this page e.g. https://reliefweb.int/updates/rss.xml?primary_country=13&theme=4592 and keep a record of it.
- Next, navigate to the space in Humanitarian Response that you would like to add the RSS feed to, at the bottom of the page you will see a black bar with the following two buttons. Select Customize this page. (note: if you cannot see this bar on your page you may not have the correct permissions, if so, contact support email@example.com)
- Select the area of the page you would like the block to appear in, either Header, Columns or Footer and select the + button.
- Next, select Custom content from the left hand menu and then RSS Feed from the available options.
- You can now customise your Dynamic Block for your audience using the options below:
- To add a title to your block, check the box ‘override title’ and add the title you would like to use e.g. Afghanistan Education of Children Reports or similar.
- Into the Feed URL box, paste the url gathered from ReliefWeb in step 3
- Select the number of items you would like to display in the box (we would recommend setting this around 5)
- Click Finish and your dynamic block featuring a ReliefWeb RSS feed is now created.
- Remeber to Save!
For any questions or further information on this process please contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org)