Creating RSS Feeds from ReliefWeb
Adding a ReliefWeb RSS feed to a dynamic block in HR.info allows you to easily display the latest content using any of the available filters in ReliefWeb. For example you can pull the latest reports dealing with the education of children in Afghanistan that have been posted on ReliefWeb.
To add a dynamic block using an RSS feed from ReliefWeb follow these steps:
- Visit the updates section of ReliefWeb (https://reliefweb.int/updates) and use the filters to identify the type of documents that you would like to display. When using search filters on ReliefWeb ensure you use the ‘Primary Country’ option to pull reports related to a specific country. Further tips on filtering results on ReliefWeb can be found here.
- Once you have selected the correct filters click the RSS button at the bottom of the filter options.
- A new page will now open, copy the url of this page e.g. https://reliefweb.int/updates/rss.xml?primary_country=13&theme=4592 and keep a record of it.
- Next, navigate to the space in Humanitarian Response that you would like to add the RSS feed to, at the bottom of the page you will see a black bar with the following two buttons. Select Customize this page. (note: if you cannot see this bar on your page you may not have the correct permissions, if so, contact support firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select the area of the page you would like the block to appear in, either Header, Columns or Footer and select the + button.
- Next, select Custom content from the left hand menu and then RSS Feed from the available options.
- You can now customise your Dynamic Block for your audience using the options below:
- To add a title to your block, check the box ‘override title’ and add the title you would like to use e.g. Afghanistan Education of Children Reports or similar.
- Into the Feed URL box, paste the url gathered from ReliefWeb in step 3
- Select the number of items you would like to display in the box (we would recommend setting this around 5)
- Click Finish and your dynamic block featuring a ReliefWeb RSS feed is now created.
For any questions or further information on this process please contact support (email@example.com)