Add content using ReliefWeb API
We have leveraged the ReliefWeb APIs to pull the content from Reliefweb.int website, i.e. Reports, Jobs and Trainings to provide a content block in the operational website pages in Humanitarianresponse.info platform.
Using the API, you can show the content by choosing either Reports, Jobs, Training, Disaster or Source from Reliefweb and display them as links which will take you to the ReliefWeb related pages.
To add the content block using ReliefWeb API, use the following steps;
- Login to your site
- Open any page or front page of your site where you want to add the block.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the ‘Customize this page’ button. You will see 'Add content to Header' window. See the screen-shoe below
- In the 'Add content to Header' window, first click on the button ‘Additional features’ and then click on the ‘+Add’ button against the ‘ReliefWeb API’ to add the content.See the screen shot below.
- Once you are in the ‘Configure new ReliefWeb API’ window, select the following parameters;
- Country: Select the country for which you need to show the content
- Title: Choose what you need to display i.e. reports, jobs, training or disaster.
- Number of Items to show; choose how many items you need to display in the content block.
- Click ‘Finish’ button to complete this process
- For example, we have added the block to Iraq website to demonstrate how it should look like.