ProCap - How to request a ProCap (Last updated on: 13 Aug 2019)
If you require senior level support for your agency and the country team, Senior ProCap Advisers may support you in developing and implementing comprehensive protection strategies and mechanisms, particularly in situations of internal displacement. Requests should form part of a strategy to strengthen the overall protection response. They should be made in consultation with the Protection Cluster or working Group including UN agencies and NGOs, and endorsement by the Humanitarian Coordinator is also a prerequisite.
If you wish to request a Senior ProCap Advisers, please find below the following guidelines, and for any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us:
- All UN entities with a MoU with the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) can request the deployment of a ProCap Advisers.
- Following consultation with protection actors within HCTs, a written request with ToRs is completed. Deployments are usually for 6 months, with possibility of extension depending on needs.
- The formal request should be submitted to and reviewed by the ProCap Support Unit, who will present it to the Inter-Agency ProCap Steering Committee for approval.
- The ProCap project covers salary, DSA, insurance, and travel to duty station. NRC is responsible for administrative aspects of the deployment.
- Host agencies are responsible for security arrangements, office space and equipment, and in-country travel. Several agencies can agree to share costs.
Requests for deployments can be received twice a year through the ProCap Call for deployment requests, introduced in December 2014. You can download below documents of the ProCap request package:
- Background and Checklist for Offices hosting ProCaps
- Criteria and minimum conditions for ProCap deployments
- ProCap request form for ProCap Advisors