HR.info Global Navigation Criteria
General criteria for top-level navigation on HumanitarianResponse.info
The primary target audience of HumanitarianResponse.info is Field-level responders who are looking for operational information or global guidance to help manage a local response. The HR.info platform is managed by OCHA’s Field Information Services (FIS).
The subject added to the top-level navigation must:
- be a word/phrase that relates to a generic topic within the humanitarian sector,
- be a word/phrase that can, with reason, be understood by and is relevant to field-based humanitarian responders,
- be current yet not explicitly represent the latest trend or fad in humanitarian response (e.g. transformative agenda), and
- be a clearly defined concept including a definition of its target audience, key messages and site structure.
Before adding a top level navigation item, the content must be:
- predefined and prepared (i.e. information to populate the space is available and ready to add), and
- sufficiently large to justify top-level navigation (more than 15 documents and at least 4 pages)
Each top level navigation item must have an owner who is required to:
- nominate a focal point to perform content management on their site and interact with FIS,
- accept full (internal and external) responsibility for their space,
- accept that if the space content becomes obsolete or stale, FIS reserves the right to hide or archive the site (i.e. if content is not updated within 4 weeks), and
- accept that if analytics reports show low viewership/usage compared to other lower-level sites on HR.info, their menu item could be removed at FIS’ discretion.